I have a project in Node.js that I’ve been gradually tinkering with for months now. Everything has worked fine up until now. I was editing my
watch.json file when I accidentally set “watch.json” as an “exclude” file, before deleting that line. I don’t know if that’s what caused the problem, but that’s what I did right before it started happening.
I got an error stating that it couldn’t find a module “mime-types”. I haven’t referenced “mime-types” anywhere in my code, but I installed the module into
package.json after the error. During installation, I got a NPM message in my console stating it was performing a “headless installation” and a string of warnings that it failed to find files. From there on out, the problem has persisted and I’ve been unable to resolve it.
Google searches revealed a similar issue with a “mime” module, but installation fixed that problem.
My program is