"Error: EIO: i/o error, read"

I am getting the following error in console:

fs.js:675

return binding.read(fd, buffer, offset, length, position);

^

Error: EIO: i/o error, read

at Object.fs.readSync (fs.js:675:18)

at tryReadSync (fs.js:540:20)

at Object.fs.readFileSync (fs.js:575:19)

at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:662:20)

at Module.load (module.js:565:32)

at tryModuleLoad (module.js:505:12)

at Function.Module._load (module.js:497:3)

at Module.require (module.js:596:17)

at require (internal/module.js:11:18)

at Object.<anonymous> (/app/node_modules/google-auth-library/node_modules/request/request.js:11:12)

It is not happening in any of my other projects and I have no idea what is causing it. I have reported this same error before, but it resolved itself last time. Should I see if it does the same this time?

Please provide the name of your project so that we can look into the cause of the issue for you. Thanks.

The name of my app is “ben10bot”
I will send a link

This appears to be happening in apps that use the fs module, since I am using it too and I’m currently facing this issue (It’s been a few hours now)

update: reinstalled all my packages (got a few errors fsr) using npm i and I no longer face the issue

I have the same problem. Did you use the command console or the package.json ?

Problem with fs.js

Command console, if I tried to edit the package.json it’d say that the modules that I modified didn’t exist for some reason.
npm i refetches the files afaik so
update: apparently should use npm install instead

This problem is typically due to the fact that the disk is almost full.

Moreover, running npm i is not supported and might cause issues. Run npm install instead.

Check how much disk space you have with df -h /app. If you still have issues, share your project name or it is very difficult to provide help.

Random fs error

in my case I only have 18% used
Thanks for telling me about npm i though

I got the same, and i don’t know what i have to do !

Check how much disk space you have with df -h /app. Let us know how much along with your project name and we’ll take a look. Thanks.

Try to enable-pnpm or rm -rf .git

This thread is the top google result for the topic, so I’m including a link to the most complete solution: [HOWTO] Fix: EIO: i/o error, read
h/t to Mellon, etamponi, and the Glitch team.