Export Docker Image

It would be great if we could export a Docker image with an option to directly deploy to Zeit Now . My students are designing some cool multiplayer games that require a higher bandwidth and RAM in production. The ability to export a Node.js and SQLite project as Docker image would greatly reduce the complexity of their CI/CD pipeline. :unicorn:

2 Likes

That’s a super interesting idea but I’m not sure it’s something we’d be able to work on in the short term. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks for the response. I can appreciate that you would first need to remove the container services you require in your on demand deployments. I think you could do this by creating an image from an aggregate of Docker diffs.

@cori I have been thinking about this lately. Your engineers can first create a clean abstraction layer / interface between your services (start up, control and analytics services) and the user code you run in these containers. Having such a clean interface layer with a required removeGlitchServices method could enable fast automated Docker image generation. You could offer Docker image exporting as a premium one day, one week, or one month export plan.