Feature request: Automatically raise request per hour limit by number of active collaborators?

I use Glitch to teach students about teamwork, collaboration and some basic HTML/CSS in a free workshop. Glitch is the perfect tool for this, and I thank the Glitch team and community for creating it! :smile:

With the default hello-webpage template, it seems the website is reloaded for everyone after every keystroke… With 15 students, this caused us to hit a request-per-hour limit in about 10 minutes… at which point I had to remix the project and ask everyone to move to the next URL to continue working. :laughing:

I updated watch.json to add more delay, but we still hit the limit several more times.

From Glitch Help Center:

Projects are limited to 4000 requests per hour (subsequent requests will return a 429 “Too Many Requests” response).

Because sometimes it may not be practical to contact support and wait for limits to be raised (e.g. in the middle of the workshop), that’s why I’d like to suggest dynamically/automatically adjusting the limit by number of active collaborators (maybe limit to signed-in collaborators to prevent abuse).

Thanks for the suggestion, @dtinth; I’ll pass it along to the rest of the team!

In addition to throttling the rebuild cycle, one other thing you might try is to make sure that your participants have turned off Refresh App on Changes - that behavior really chews up your request pool.

Sorry for the bother!

1 Like