File Permissions

I want to collaborate on a project with people, but there are some files in my project that I do not want them to be able to edit. I think it would be great to have a menu for each file where you can set up specific permissions for different people that you are collaborating with so that you can make some things unreadable, like your .env file, or uneditable. My vision is pretty much the permissions options of Google Docs. This would be useful if you want to keep some of your code private or make a file where your collaborators can code, and a final file for only the code that you approve.

This suggestion is like this one, however specific to files rather than an entire project.

Thanks for the suggestions. We’ve had a few different file permission suggestions. We’re keen to support collaborating with other users, but don’t want to add any unnecessary complexity to Glitch and permissions can very easily do just that. Can you tell us a little more about the type of scenario you want to support with these types of permissions? Thanks.

I think the scenario that he’s in is he wants his friend(s) to edit, say, the index.html code, but not be able to edit the PHP database and screw that up accidentally. Correct me if I’m wrong.