File uploads and image gallery

Project URL: https://file-uploads-and-gallery.glitch.me/

Hey folks!
I’ve created an example of simple image gallery using file management API by Uploadcare. Their API can also be used for docs/videos/other any other filetypes.
It’s my first Glitch experience, hope you’ll find it useful, would be glad to hear any thoughts or feature requests.

3 Likes

That is indeed really cool @ZNick1982! I was wondering if it’s possible to add a way to remove images that have been uploaded to an Uploadcare gallery. Then that way unecessary or spam images can be removed if needed.

If you have the time I also need help adding it to my website. I copied your code from the page source, css/style.css, and js/main.js exactly and when I upload an image it won’t appear in the gallery. I’m assuming it may be I need my own UPLOADCARE_PUBLIC_KEY, and if so, how do I do that?

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks @Crazy!
I am very exited that you interested in my demo.
Sure, I will help you create your own gallery.
Here is my step by step guide:

1. First you need to sign in (or register, its free) to Uploadcare.
  2. Press “New project” and create your project
  3. On the project page press “API Keys” link
  4. Here you can get your public and private keys.
    Step_4

Next thing you need is update UPLOADCARE_PUBLIC_KEY and UPLOADCARE_PRIVATE_KEY variables in the code.
There are only two files to update:

1. /views/index.html on line 11
  2. .env

And that’s it.
Should work.

Regarding deleting the files.
I think you’re right I will update this possibility just in case if visitor will upload some other images by mistake or something. Because now all uploaded files are shared with all page visitors.

1 Like

Hey guys!
I’ve just updated the demo.
Now it’s possible to delete files.
Check this out!

1 Like