Files missing in editor


#1

As of yesterday the editor doesn’t seem to show all of my project’s files in the frontend section. Everything seems to work correctly when running the project, and templates that aren’t showing up in the editor are correctly rendered. When I download the project, all the files are present. Any ideas on what’s going on?


#2

Projects only show up to 100 files, so if you have many files that may be the cause. We’re going to update the UI to handle many files more elegantly than just hiding them, but for now you can .gitignore to temporarily remove files from the UI while you edit the others.


#3

My project only has about 12 files in it though, unless it’s somehow counting installed node modules?


#4

no, it doesn’t count such files, so it’s not that then. Let me know your project name and I can take a look for you.


#5

The project’s name is private-september.


#6

I get an error saying there’s no project with that name or it’s private - if it’s private can you DM me a join link - thanks.


#7

It’s indeed private. This might be silly, but I can’t figure out how to send DMs. I see the message I received on account creation by the system account, but nowhere where I could create a new message to anyone.


#8

I’ve sent you message so you can reply to that


#9

Thanks - I’ve taken a look and there doesn’t seem to be any good reason for them to not be showing up. I’ve raised a bug with the developers and they’ll take a look ASAP. Sorry for the problems.


#10

Hi Julien,

we fixed your issue: it was due to invalid characters in the files, that tricked the backend into thinking they were binary files… we opened a bug report to fix this issue in the future, but for now, all of your files should be there :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting, and happy Gomixing :slight_smile:


#11

Thank you!

Regarding the invalid characters, yesterday while working on the project the editor started misbehaving slightly. The cursor was sometimes seemingly offset by 1 character. I can’t remember copy-pasting anything into the page except for some URLs. Note that the editing was done on Windows using a French keyboard layout. (I know I’ve had trouble with contenteditable areas with compose keys and illegal characters in the past …)


#12

Thanks for the feedback!

We are going to replace major parts of the editor in the next few days, so perhaps your problems will go away :slight_smile: keep up posted if anything weird happens :slight_smile: