First View from a new Dev

I’m not sure I like that pretty much everyone keeps repeating the same thing over an over. “Watch.json can help”. It’s annoyingly echo-y in here.

No, watch.json is not an appropriate solution. It’s a half-useful, lame workaround. Because if I put watch.json on, say, a 10 minute delay, it means when I DO want to save and restart, I either have to drop down to console and refresh, or wait, say, 10 minutes for it to restart. Technically, I can also go to any of the install-watched files but that’s still not intuitive or useful.

I mean… C’mon let’s be honest. Auto-saving is cool - as long as you never make mistakes! This thread has been going on since April 2016 and no one in your group has bothered to sit down for an hour to make a “Auto-Save” checkbox in the same drop-down where the “refresh app on change” is? An hour, I guarantee you, that’s all it takes to resolve this issue that people have been asking for 17 months. Then, instead of the taunting ugly neon green “Hey we save automatically! DURRRRR” popup it can actually save.

Could you please just DO that? Does it work if I challenge you to do it by the end of the day and I’ll donate like $20 to the charity of your choice or something?