Forum community?

you cant put discourse on glitch i think without super skills

For the last time, you can’t use discourse on glitch. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

unless you hack the system to give ya a bunch o stuff :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No discourse is extremely expensive. Use something such as flarum, or even self host/use a vps. But do not use discourse hosting options. It would cost over a thousand dollars a year. If you need a vps, use vultr.com it is affordable, and if I am correct, charges a base amount and not by hour.

Discourse is free and therefore open-source, which is what we we’re talking about here, not their paid hosting

2 Likes

What do you mean by that?

Its open source meaning anyone can download its code

2 Likes

If you were talking to me then thanks!

1 Like

What I mean is, discorse would typically cost a lot. Unless you were to host everything for it which would be probably more expesive.

nowadays, no one pays when they could get it for free

a fork lol

Glitch also has 2GB if boosted

Yes, but it will still most likely not work.

Still no Docker, which is the big issue. Discourse is also really big software.

Later, I am going to try to setup flarum on glitch, might be too big.

Maybe you could even set up a more lightweight forum. It may not have all the bells and whistles, but it can do the trick.

Just tried it. Was too big. Couldn’t figure out NodeBB and someone here said it was also too big :frowning:

Yeah, Flarum has sooo many dependencies. I have it on my Pi. The vendor folder is 52 megabytes, which isn’t that bad (but still).

https://support.riverside.rocks

This is why I was making my own in Node. It won’t be great, but I know it will run on Glitch and can be trusted. I might get back into making it.

3 Likes

Do share when you have it all set up!

3 Likes

You should actually try to make a package. It would save people a lot of time and a lot fo stres.