Forum Dark Mode now available in Interface Preferences

Hi!

A Dark Mode is now available for use in the forum. Here’s how to enable it:

1. Make sure that you are logged in to your Glitch forum account.
  2. Click on your profile image at the top right corner of any page in the forum.
  3. Click on the “person” icon and select Preferences.
  4. On the left side of the page, click on Interface.
  5. Under Theme, select Dark Mode. (If you are given the option to select the Color Scheme as well, select Dark Mode there too.)
  6. Click Save Changes.

Boom! You are now in Dark Mode and your eyes are thanking you!

Hate following directions? Then you can replace your-username in this link with… your forum username to go directly to your Interface Preferences page.

https://support.glitch.com/u/ your-username-here /preferences/interface

14 Likes

Guess we no longer need freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee darkmode?

1 Like

Finally. I have been using a script but it is kinda buggy.

I kind of just Googled “Discourse dark theme css script” and went to the first one and added Glitch to it.

This man is a legend. Dark Theme for Support page

@chessebuilderman that’s why I didn’t enable it before. It’s pretty cool that the community was able to create their own theme, and I didn’t want to step on anyone’s toes. If that user-created theme works for you, please continue using it!

3 Likes

Yes, thank you! Finally, I can turn off Dark Reader.

Where can we report style bugs for the dark mode?

Like the “Glitch” text in the Glitch logo isn’t visible in the header against the dark header.

2 Likes

Been waiting for a while for this, thanks!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss,

I’ve been waiting for this for a whole fricking year…

YES…

My eyes are thanking you @tasha

Though, uh…

@khalby786 this is the place to report bugs related to dark mode, and thanks for the alert! I just updated the header so you can see “Glitch” in the logo.

@code-alt under Color Scheme, click on Glitch Mode and then you will be able to select Dark Mode and then save changes.

I know that, since I am using it but I just thought it was weird knowing we would have to click another thing.

In the Coffeechat Forum, you only have to click it once:

I’m confused, there’s a dark mode under Glitch Mode and another dark mode under Dark Mode…?

1 Like

So, there are color schemes and modes of color schemes. There is a dark color scheme, and a glitch color scheme. And the right is the mode. There is dark and classic.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was talking about :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think it might be an option to auto switch when your computer detects it’s getting dark

3 Likes

Yeah, that would be cool.

But @khalby786 would always be in dark mode :woozy_face:

2 Likes

kinda like vscode can?

Pretty slick, thanks tasha!

2 Likes