Freenom Custom Domain

How can i make Custom Domain on Freenom ?
Someone can explain me ? Please

Hello, I would to assist you.

First, go to your freenom dns settings for your domain, and set the nameservers so cloudflare, this is because

1. Their DNS server are very fast (normally about 15 seconds)
  2. Very clean UI.

Now, go to tools -> custom domains -> Enter in your domain, can include sub domains.
Then, Enter a CNAME record.
If you would like any more help, just reply to this and ill get back to you

Where is the tools ? on glitch or freenom i can’t see
if u have discord we can talk on discord

ok i got CNAME what i do now ?

Tools is on glitch.
Open the custom domains section, and add the cname record to your cloudflare DNS.

how can i get cloudflare DNS ?

Change your freenom’s Nameservers to cloudflare’s name servers that can be found by logging into cloudflare, and adding the site.

i need help can i contact you on discord ?

Could you just ask here?

i am using cloudflare’s dns how am i supposed to use freenom and glitch AND cloudlflare at the same time :stuck_out_tongue:

@Mayo600 You need to sign up for CloudFlare. Enter your domain and change the nameservers to the ones provided by Cloudflare. Then use custom domains on Glitch (requires two thanks) and take the URL given by Glitch and put it as a CNAME in your DNS settings.
Hope this helps :slight_smile:
Eddie

4 Likes

@Mayo600 you are not required to signup for cloudflare, you can use freenom’s nameservers and just the the DNS for the project (Name: @, Target: glitch.edgeapp.net)

3 Likes

Just to get the SSL :v

@Mayo600 Glitch has inbuilt SSL. Just redirect everyone to https://

2 Likes

If you use the lamp-poc / Apache project, you can force SSL with .htaccess.

1 Like

It doesn’t sign for custom domains. You can get free Lets Encrypt and manage the renewals.
EDIT sorry yes it does sign, lol. Why do I post when I’m tired …

Another bonus of Cloudflare is it translates IPv6 to Glitch’s IPv4.

3 Likes

Another method is https://gist.github.com/youngchief-btw/d8c327ef245f2e9998997a41c7b34e70

Cloudflare also gives some super nice analytics for your site.

They do look cool, but I have no idea how accurate they are. My Google Analytics and Cloudflare Analytics don’t match up.

iirc google analytics ignores things like bots crawling your page and Rest API requests.