Full Disk Error In Glitch

Hello, in my Discord bot project I’ve been getting the disk filled error, I can’t run git prune; git gc in the console. Because I’m getting this error:
error: couldn’t write .git/logs/HEAD: No space left on device
error: couldn’t write .git/logs/refs/heads/master: No space left on device
error: failed to run reflog

My Glitch project name: selam-eternal
Please help me.

That’s kind of a obvious error.
Check your container stats.
Keep in mind you do not get infinite storage access on glitch at the moment. You get like 194 Mega Bytes per project.
I’d recommend not storing massive databases inside of your glitch project, instead use a third party database to store the information.

1 Like

I know, i want decrease my project disk storage. My project disk: 184/194mb.

Since your projects space is too full to be able to run the commands to help lower this, you will have to wait until a staff member adds some space to your project to give you time to run the needed commands.

If you need to have this fixed now and you are 100% certain that there is nothing that you would need to undo with the rewind feature, then you can run rm -rf .git in your projects console, and that will most likely completely lower the space usage however, I only recommend that if you have nothing you will ever need rewinding!

To stop your projects space from filling up all the time, I suggest creating a file called .gitignore and inside that file, but the directory and/or file names of any database files or just any files that you have which are being updates regularly into the file, all on a new file! After you add the file, you will not be able to see the file in the projects file tree after a refresh, but it will be there, to make the file visible again, just remove it from the gitignore and add it back once you are finished making whatever changes you had made to it, if any!

I hope this helps in any way!

Happy Glitching! :slight_smile:

I have not lots of database files, i have like 100 js file but i don’t know why my project disk is full.

Can you invite me to your project and I can take a look!

As I said, if you’re storing a lot of data in the project, try a third party database.

1 Like

Hi @SedatTR, welcome to the Glitch forum!

I’ve granted your project additional space for 24 hours to help resolve this issue. Here are the steps you’ll need to take to prevent it from happening again

1. add whatever files are being changed regularly to a gitignore file (you can use git log --stat in the console to see what those are)
  2. open your project’s console
  3. type git prune and <enter>
  4. type git gc and <enter>
  5. type refresh and <enter>

After you’ve done that you’ll have cleaned up any excess space in your project’s repo and hopefully it won’t just fill back up again.

Now my project disk is 9MB. Thank you so much :grinning:

1 Like