I’m getting this error, after connecting my subdomain with cloudflare.
Cloudflare’s Forum says " Error
Try the suggestions in this Community Tip to help you fix Error 525: SSL handshake failed.
Error 525 indicates that the SSL handshake between Cloudflare and the origin web server failed. This only occurs when the domain is using Cloudflare Full or Full (Strict) SSL mode. This is typically caused by a configuration issue in the origin web server, when this happens, you’ll see “Error 525: SSL handshake failed”.
Quick Fix Ideas
- If you are a site visitor, report the problem to the site owner. Neither this Community nor Cloudflare Support can assist you. Cloudflare Support only works with the verified owner of the domain.
- Make sure you have a valid SSL certificate installed on your origin server.
- Check with your hosting provider to make sure they’re listening on port 443.
- Check to make sure your origin server is properly configured for SNI .
- The cipher suites that Cloudflare accepts and the cipher suites that the origin server supports do not match. Review the cipher suites your server is using to ensure they match what is supported by Cloudflare. A cipher suite is a set of algorithms that help secure a network connection that uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) or its now-deprecated predecessor Secure Socket Layer (SSL). The set of algorithms that cipher suites usually include: a key exchange algorithm, a bulk encryption algorithm, and a message authentication code (MAC) algorithm.
- If you are the site owner and you’re only seeing errors intermittently, this suggests the TCP connection between Cloudflare and your origin is being reset during the SSL handshake causing the error. Ask your hosting provider/system administrator to check if there are any server issues. Reviewing your webserver access/error logs would be a good place to locate this information.
- Note that Apache must be configured to log mod_ssl errors and nginx includes these errors in its standard error log, but it may be necessary to increase the log level.
- Pause Cloudflare or update your local hosts file to point directly at your server IP to test that your server is presenting a SSL certificate. If you do not have a certificate installed on your server you can generate one using our Origin CA certificates. This is a free certificate for the purpose of encrypting the connection between Cloudflare and your web server, so that you do not need to purchase a certificate.
Diagnose and resolve 5XX errors for Cloudflare proxied sites. Overview 500: internal server error 502: bad gateway or 504: gateway timeout 503: service temporarily unavailable 520: web ser…
What Is SSL? | SSL and TLS
If You Need More Help
This community of other Cloudflare users may be able to assist you, if not, login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support . When you contact support, make sure to include as much of this information as possible: time stamped log files from your origin server, RayID, domain name, error messages, screen shots, and/or HAR file(s) . Indicate which of the Quick Fix ideas you’ve tried in order to help Customer Support help you.
Expert Comments Appreciated
This Community Tip will remain open for input from Community experts and those familiar with this issue. We really appreciate comments that start with words like: “The three things I always try”, or “Do this first” or “In my experience”."
Try making the SSL less strict.
glitch is working on it, if you go back a bit you will find the post