How to create a forum topic
A part of Glitch basics, a series of tutorials to help you with Glitch!
- Open the topic creator by clicking the “New Topic” button.
- Create a title. This describes your post in 50 chars or less, like “Why is ‘markdown-it’ not defined” or “Why will my Discord.js bot not connect to Discord?”. The title is the first thing that’s seen before someone decides to read about your problem in depth so try to summarize your problem in it.
- Choose a category. This helps people sort out posts easily. Like you would use #discord-help for help with a discord bot or #feedback to provide feedback on Glitch/it’s services (like the editor, or this forum). Here is a list of categories that are used frequently:
- #glitch-help: Help with Glitch and it’s services (like the forum, the editor, the website, etc)
- #discord-help: Help with Discord or it’s API.
- #coding-help: Help with your code (like “why isn’t [something] defined”, or “why is [module] not found”)
- #feedback: Feedback about Glitch and it’s services (like the forum, the editor, the website, etc)
- #tutorials: Wanna tell users how to [something]? Post it in #tutorials!
- #the-gallery: Wanna show of your project? Post about it in #the-gallery! (don’t post WIP or projects not made with glitch here)
- #uncategorized: Something that does not belong to the any of the categories above or you don’t know what category to post your topic in!
- Describe your problem, instead of just “i have problem, plz help”, give us the error, project name, and maybe even some screenshots.
- Click the “Create Topic” button. You can get a answer in up to 24 hours. Sometimes, it can be a few minutes if it is daytime in EST.
- For report malicious projects, email email@example.com
- Please use the search feature and try to find the answer to your question that way
- Please don’t bump old posts, instead make a new topic.
- If you see spam or something inapporiate, you can flag it by clicking the flag icon. If a post gets enough flags it will be hidden