Glitch CDN rate & bandwidth limits?

Hey, I’m just wondering if the Glitch CDN has request & bandwidth limits? I’m going to upload a small file >1MB to the Assets folder (the CDN) and I’m wondering if there are any limits aside from 500MB assets folder limit. Thanks.

Hiya @charliea21 we don’t currently have any limits on the S3 bucket that’s serving assets, but that’s not to say we won’t add limits if we see problematic behavior. We’re also planning on changing how assets work at some point in the future, which may mean that assets move back into the Glitch project itself, at which point the regular rate limit will apply, so that’s something to keep in mind. I don’t have a timeline on when those changes might take place, or even what the specific changes will be yet.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. Also, is it possible to get the direct asset url to the S3 bucket. E.g: s3.amazonaws.com/blahblah so instead of cdn.glitch.com we can use the S3 url?

Can you help me understand why that would be helpful to you? That’s a little more detail than we would typically reveal about our infrastructure.

1 Like

It’s just some random idea that popped into my head. It probably wouldn’t benefit anyone anyway. Thanks though.

1 Like