Glitch Desktop App

I made desktop app for Glitch users (with electron)

Download Link : Download on GitHub

GitHub

VirusTotal | (5 Antivirus says virus but trust me, not virus)

(Only Windows now)

(And my friend AhmetEsad helped me)

3 Likes

Cool. Maybe you can share the Github project so the community can maintain it. Also if the code is open source is better for trust the app.

2 Likes

Agreed! I definitely think that it should be on a git repo I suggest either GitLab or GitHub.

1 Like

GitHub Link

2 Likes

Thanks for the contribution to the Glitch forum!

Not to discourage you or anything, but looking at your code, you just instruct Electron to load the Glitch website… nothing really special, just the same as Glitch in the browser.

I am not glitch developer and i dont do better. I dont have glitch codes, files. Glitch devs can do better but I can’t

Good job doing it yourself and for putting up the source on GitHub.

For Mac, Linux, and Windows you can also use Nativefier which packages websites as electron apps.

I can send Linux and Mac version today.

I think this is kind of misleading because it just loads the website and doesn’t provide any extra functionality.

1 Like

Hey there,

I definitely think it is far more better to use Glitch Web version rather than so-called “desktop app,” since you’re basically embedding the Glitch website into an application, which would have the same functionality as Glitch Web. Further, the process and speed slightly gets slower as well as the editor.
Besides, it is futile to install an application which can easily be ran in a browser and would take up storage.

Good job anyway!

Glitch as an app, cool

Hey, I think you might use my library glitch-api (docs) to access Glitch’s Editor and logs API and create something more powerful than we got now!