Glitch Downtime - Nov 4th [Resolved]

insulting a founder of a quarter million dollar company, classic, not nice

and by the way yet again, go move some packages, save me the load

If glitch stays down for much longer, I wonder if there will be a way to at least get a hold of the code for our projects, even if we can’t use the editor. I at least want to make sure the latest progress on my big project is safe. I did a lot of refactoring the other day and neglected to export to github </3

thats what i wanna do, i have to rewrite a 28 packages completely, from the ground up, i already had one of em crash on me

Why is a Quarter Million Dollar Company’s CEO:

1. Gave worse grammar than my sister (9 Years Old).
  2. Talking to me.
  3. Acting like they should be respected and treated differently because of money.
  4. Thinking 250k is a lot of a company.
  5. Using Glitch
  6. Talking on a Thread
  7. No Logo on their profile (I guess you could argue that you’re trying to hide your account so you don’t get spam by fans… or something).

Just use the Web Archive? https://archive.org/web/

(I haven’t checked it, may or not work).

but guys, don’t worry! It’s only been a few hours (which is a long time as a lot of people depend on glitch but still…)

(That’s what I want to do, I have to re-write 28 pacckages completely from scratch. I’ve already had one crash).

R.I.P.

Interesting idea, but it doesn’t work. :confused: Latest snapshot is from mid October, and just loads the current editor. There aren’t snapshots for full view pages either.

1 Like

This is crazy… I just found out an exploit in my bot, and i can’t update it :grimacing:

:sweat_smile: Will have to wait

gah! i know the update, can we just get a copy of the site up temprarily?

Hello all! While we do not have an update on what is going on and when there will be a fix, we are still working hard to get your projects back up and running. Again, we are sorry about this and do appreciate your encouragement and kind words throughout this downtime. Hopefully we can get y’all coding on Glitch really soon!

2 Likes

within an hour?

please tell me by the end of the hour, it will be back

yes, i am desperate

I don’t have a timeframe that I can guarantee. As soon as I do, I’ll update status.glitch.com!

Finally we got a reply

:sweat_smile: yea, ima go crazy, time to find a new coding site so increadibly similar to glitch to save my life from not being able to code for 7 hours

for maximum reliability you could always set up a local dev environment :wink:

This is why I export everything important to github, so I always have the code backed up and can clone it. I’m kicking myself for not doing it this one time because I was feeling lazy, haha

how about no.

im on chrome(BOOK!)

Ah yea that makes sense. Not a lot to work with there.

I honestly do prefer Glitch, I’m stuck on a macbook and I don’t like the mac command line and my favorite code editor kept crashing on it. Glitch is just way more convenient in general.

glitch is my only saving grace, and it being down, ive been going crazy

well let’s wish the team luck, seems like it might be a pretty gnarly issue.