Glitch for VS Code Extension - Sunset + Feedback

@jenn I hope someone could keep the extension alive… somehow, so people can still enjoy it.

3 Likes

Now that the extension is being phased out, it would be a good idea to remove that editor tip that says “Try out Visual Studio Code extension!”.

4 Likes

I would recommend that glitch open sources the extension so the community can keep it alive.

4 Likes

:point_up:

I actually did use the Glitch for VScode extension. Pretty cool while it lasted.

1 Like

Who knows really, its possible a workaround could be found.

3 Likes

Hi! So we’re not going to be open sourcing the extension for now, as it would require knowledge and use of the API that’s not currently available publicly, and we wouldn’t want to open source a project that we do not have the ability to properly support. We do hope to bring it back again in some capacity in the future, though!

3 Likes

Thanks for flagging that, I’ll have the team remove that!

2 Likes

Here’s a little bit of feedback, the purple-ish color in glitch’s dark theme actually makes me less efficient. The white dark theme makes it feel more clean and makes me more efficient.|
I feel like the color scheme for dark theme could be adjusted a bit, and it would be nice to be able to use themes from vscode, so I can use familiar syntax colors

3 Likes

I submitted the survey (even though the text above makes it sound like it’s closed) since I only learned of this today via the notice in VS Code. Since I ran two classes this year using the combo of VS Code + Glitch, I’m super grateful the sunsetting is scheduled to occur after my semester. :relieved:

4 Likes

the only reason I used glitch was cause of the extension, rip

1 Like

Wait what? Why? I really need this!

Well you can always sync vscode to the git repo provided.

2 Likes

I only used glitch because of this extension. Without it, It’ll be hard to code things more smooth and faster for me. I even went ahead and bought boost membership to boost my projects. I really need that extension for me to easily complete my projects faster and on time. I mean don’t get me wrong, I love glitch for many reasons and I’ll still use it no matter what, but this extension was everything to me; hope it comes out again.

2 Likes

I’d still really like if the Glitch staff could open source the extension!

3 Likes

And I’m pretty sure a lot of people are also willing to work on it!

3 Likes