Glitch just lost a day's worth of coding!

No idea what happened, but the system said ‘we may not be in contact, please refresh window’

And when I did, all my code was gone. All of it. :frowning:

I’m crushed. I thought Glitch was going to be great. But it lost a lot of valuable work.

And I have no idea how to recover this. Is there a history? Diffs? Anything?

Sorry to hear you’ve had problems. I’ve already responded on Twitter with next steps. Depending on the cause of the problem, I’d hope we can restore the project for you.

Gareth -

Thanks for getting back to me.

It’s come back: how or why it has, I have no idea. I know it was down for more than 15 minutes, and not just down but actually reverted to another piece of code. How that was possible is mystifying to me. There was clearly a failure that lasted a few minutes, that somehow propagated into my code storage. It would be great to get to the bottom of what happened - so it doesn’t happen to other folks or me - but at least things are back.

Cheers,

Mark Pesce

Projects take periodic snapshots so looking at your project it looks like during a 4 min period after a snapshot being taken there was a problem with the server you were on and the code written in the meantime wasn’t being saved from the editor to the server as it should have been. So that’s why it reverted to that earlier point. I’ll let our devs take a proper look at the root cause. Sorry for the problems.