Glitch.me links in instagram bios banned?

I noticed today that I was unable to post on Instagram until I removed the glitch.me link in my bio. It seems that glitch.me URLs have been banned from Instagram bios. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this expected to be permanent? This kind of negates the entire glitch-in-bio concept…

It also looks like Facebook is categorising glitch.me links as a “cyber security threat” and blocking them.
I have a heardle clone which loads of people post every day to a particular group to share their scores and now Facebook blocks them all

Started seeing this the past few days. Anyone else?

Hi there - we started getting a couple of reports of this yesterday, reached out to Meta and we’re hearing from other reporters that this appears to be resolved now. Are you still seeing this issue?

3 Likes

So what happened with this? Just wanted to say it really sucked. Had created a glitchme page for a friend and the blocking and fiasco of this spooked them and basically without any notice about whether it was safe/rectified, meant they/me no longer feel safe using the nice link page we created. Really sucks. Lost another one to stupid linktree. :\

Hi there - so other folks who reported this said that it started working again. If you add yours back do you still get blocked?

1 Like

No, what I’m saying is we didn’t even try. The friend/client was so alarmed at being blocked etc the afternoon it happened that they abandoned glitch. Didn’t see anything official about it being fixed or rectified really (maybe a tweet somewhere sometime?) and so out it went. The profile links are super important to ppl on limited platforms like IG as you know and the damage was done. They can’t be getting locked out of their acct randomly etc, so off they went to linktree. Which sucks. :frowning: Just wanted to let you know the implications of whatever incident that was. Sorry

Yeah it was super unfortunate and hopefully won’t happen again in the future, and I appreciate you sharing!

1 Like

I just got this error today from Instagram.

I’m also having this issue

Edit: to clarify, this issue started this morning.

Hi there, we’re aware that Instagram has blocked Glitch links again. I’m not sure of when we’ll get them unblocked but we’re going to see what we can do, sorry for the trouble!

4 Likes