Hello-email: The email starter kit for Glitch!

To @glitch_support, the site should probably have a reject policy:

1 Like

node-sendmail has a built-in attachment option:

1 Like

Set up DKIM to drop emails. Otherwise anyone can send from your domain.

I thought SteGriff already said that?

to tell you whether or not an email is legitimate, and that’s why standards like DKIM exist. Emails that fail DKIM will usually go straight to junk/spam.

1 Like

Huh I didn’t see that in the replies section for Nicsena’s post. Ah well.

Google is pretty good at detecting this. A lot of email services such as GMail and Yahoo show the real address next to the name. It is the readers fault if they fall for this. It is shown next to every email, suspected or not.

5 Likes

Like others have said, that’s always been an issue with email and people have come with ways to solve this issue like DKIM. gmail usually doesn’t accept these kinds of email because there’s no way to prove authenticity.
There’s also a similar email with the phone system where you can spoof caller ids just with an app.

7 Likes

MY GOODNESS, it’s amazing._.

3 Likes

Yeah most phone carriers like Version, etc have this and I used to use it before I found Google Voice as a better option for a phone number in most cases
1234567890@[vtext.com for sms and i forgot the mms domain i’ll try to remember it again]

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.