Hello everyone, here is a nice glitch

Don’t run this on server-side script, it stresses the Glitch project servers.

1 Like

correct it does!

i found that out the hard way yesterday

1 second later: “You account has been banned”

1 Like

@J-Tech-Foundation, did your Chromebook die in exasperation yesterday? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin::joy:

yes, and i had to buy a new one

You’re joking, right?

i’m not

not at all

it was annoying

a £35 raspberry pi is probably more powerful than a chrome book…

1 Like

pro tip if you want to actually exit your node process just run process.exit(). It doesn’t fill up glitches ram and glitch will auto reboot

Here is another glitch for you (if you can call it a glitch):

Put this code in your server.js and your project editor will be loading forever:

exec("refresh", (error, stdout, stderr) => {
    if (error) {
        console.log(`error: ${error.message}`);
        return;
    }
    if (stderr) {
        console.log(`stderr: ${stderr}`);
        return;
    }
    console.log(`stdout: ${stdout}`);
});

And also, the console will lag to death :smiley:

hmmm… i gotta try this :slight_smile:

lets see crashes chromebook

These are signs that the Glitch server is being stressed by your code, which can affect other Glitch users.

Finding issues like this is one thing, but promoting other people to also do it is the same thing as promoting malware.

Leaving it running on your project, or serving files that break people’s browser, is the same thing as hosting malware.

From a similar topic, for reference …

1 Like

No @mishavee, I am not meaning to DOS projects and I don’t think it’s affecting the entire server, because it was just executing shell commands from the code, something that was meant for something else, but I ran the refresh command using it and that just caused the project to refresh every time it loaded. I discovered this accidentally (see Project Page Loading Forever!) and it locked me out of my project.

And the console lagged, because I was on a mobile device and shell commands, obviously, lag on mobile devices. I forgot to mention that earlier

YEAH, AND NOBODY TRY THIS IN YOUR PROJECT, UNLESS YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET LOCKED OUT OF YOUR PROJECT and sorry for any trouble caused!

// edit
This is not called DOSing, is it?

nope, this is just killing your project ram, nothing else

1 Like

i will demonstrate with a video…

1 Like

25 messages for a glitch thread?!??? that is insane!

No, there has been a thread in the past where I sent so many continuous posts that it became 40.

Perhaps, but if it overheats then you are probably screwed ._.

I can think of a nice name…

How to get your account banned

Oh well, at least glitch is listening…_