How about other source control options like bitbucket?

How about other source control options like bitbucket?

5 Likes

I’d like to second that request – bitbucket is my preferred platform nowadays.

1 Like

Thanks for the request!

I’ll get this on the list of considerations, though I expect we’ll be sticking with GitHub-only in the near term.

So much to do, so little time :hourglass_flowing_sand:

1 Like

At work we have to use Bitbucket since we are using Jira and Confluence. Since our web projects are rather simple (but many) I would like to introduce gomix as our standard (paid) workspace. The benefit of not having to setup a whole development environment is immense for us.
Short: Consider making it a premium feature to lure companies from the Atlassian sphere.

some inside baseball: we’ve been laying the groundwork for an eventual git repo sync feature. We’re using the git protocol generically so that we may indeed be able to sync a gomix project to a bitbucket one. (However this is still separate from the current requirement to login with a github id).

Let us know if this (eventual) feature would be something that could jell with your workflow?

3 Likes

I think other Git repositories than GitHub would be very welcome. (This indeed is not related to which service you’ll be using for authentication.) For all kinds of reasons – but for example: number of private repositories allowed in a free/paid account – people would like the option to use GitLab or Bitbucket over GitHub to sync their ~Gomix~ Glitch projects to.

The containers have git installed. Just clone from bitbucket.

1 Like

Would like to use my bitbucket account rather than GitHub.

1 Like

It’s not supported through the interface but since git is supported in the instance, you can clone and push to any git service you want.

2 Likes

You can now import from bitbucket, Gitlab and others. See https://medium.com/glitch/import-code-from-anywhere-83fb60ea4875 for more info.

2 Likes

Coming from Gitlab integrations! I would love to see an option to export to GitLab.com in the future. You have my vote, Glitch! :heart:

Technically you already can export to gitlab by using the terminal (console). Just run the git commands you’d otherwise run locally in the Glitch Console.

You can also use GitLab repo mirroring.

1 Like

That is very good to know, thank you!