How best to completely clear a project for reuse?

I realize that we can’t actually delete a project ourselves but I thought we could reuse a project slot. Is that not the case? In the past I simply deleted all the folders/files and imported a new project but I’m a bit concerned that doing that doesn’t reset everything.

Should I request that 2 broken projects be deleted? Thanks.

From everything I’ve seen, deleting everything in /app should clear it. Note that this includes files and directories that aren’t shown in the editor.

Some of other things:

• although the assets won’t be listed in the editor anymore, this won’t erase them from the CDN, so old URLs to them will still load the old assets
  • there’s no known way to change the “remix chain” of an existing project. it’s speculated (The new Glitch projects - #9 by javaarchive) that the generated static sites feature might look at that, but this hasn’t been confirmed by the staff
  • the web editor doesn’t behave well when there really are zero files in the project, so I personally create at least one file after erasing everything

Thanks much. I’ve cleared all the folders and files (even the hidden ones) from /app and below. I haven’t used assets yet so that won’t affect me.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.