How can I make my bot run 24/7 free without pinging?

How can I make my bot run 24/7 free without pinging?

There’s no way to make it run 24/7 because free Glitch apps will stop after 12 hours anyway. The only way you can have near 24/7 uptime consistently would be through a pinging service - which as we all know, are temporarily blocked.

With the current server outages and other issues Glitch is currently having, you’re not going to get anywhere near 24/7 uptime.

The only way you could still do this for free (without using a pinging service) would be to host an express.js server (or other web server) on the same Glitch app that gets traffic every few minutes. I highly doubt that you’d be hosting a web server on Glitch that gets traffic every few minutes though, which is why I said a pinging service is the only way to consistently get near 24/7 uptime.

1 Like

Aaron, could you possibly help me make my bot 24/7 via pinging it?

Glitch has currently put a block in place for pinging services. There are ways around this (simply by setting common headers in your request), but it’s not encouraged at the moment whilst there is still a block in place.

Other users on the forum have discussed it, there’s lots of debate as to whether or not you should though.

1 Like

Ah alright, so just leave it untill the block ends?

That’d be ideal, yes. It’ll decrease the load, minimising the issues we’re currently faced with and making it easier for the devs to resolve them.

1 Like

Can’t glitch allow like a small portion of people, like those discord users to just mybe let their bots work 24/7? We can’t make our projects wake up after a command, so

That’s not how it works. There are many discord users, and if Glitch allowed some people to ping projects, they would have to allow everyone to ping projects. Also, please don’t bump old threads!

4 Likes