How do you access the node_modules directory?

@aboutdavid It is not.

Glitch currently doesn’t support installing npm packages globably, I suppose you could make a feature request for that.

Well, they do actually, as /app/node_modules/.bin is in PATH

List of paths:

/app/bin:/app/.local/bin:/app/node_modules/.bin:/opt/rust/cargo/bin:/opt/swift/usr/bin:/usr/local/go/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/opt/nvm/versions/node/v12/bin
2 Likes

I suppose, I just meant using the -g switch with npm.

3 Likes

I think you’d need to have someone who can edit the hello-express project run the command npm install yarn on the project. It could be that easy.

It’s hello-express, not hello-yarn, also express can be installed without yarn so they didn’t use yarn. Yarn is a npm alternative which essentially does what npm does, install node.js packages, however, unlike yarn, npm comes with node.js.

1 Like

@RiversideRocks I just made hello-yarn for anyone who wants yarn preinstalled, a near-duplicate of hello-express.

4 Likes

It’ll only get occasional updates from now on.

For reliability and security.

Hello, I wanted to let you know that if you want to add on to your messages you can click on the pencil icon and it will allow you to edit your post

It needed a separate post.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.