How to create a "backup" project for when the main one gets banned from discord

Hi Glitch team,

My server has been getting banned several times throughout the week. I’ve been posting in the megathread, and it gets fixed eventually, and I do appreciate that.

I was wondering if it’s possible to create a “backup” project while it gets unbanned. My bot going offline causes a massive backlog of manual stuff we have to do.

If someone can help or give advice for this please. I have heard the term remixing, but I don’t know how to do that properly.

Thanks for your time.

I suppose you could host it on your desktop or on an alternate provider in the meantime.

Yes, though if I host it myself why do I need Glitch?

I’m looking at getting a Raspberry Pi now.

I am also looking at a Raspberry Pi.

For discord bots I recommend you choose a provider other than Glitch because you cannot keep Glitch projects online for more than 5 minutes.

I’m currently paying to “Boost” my projects to keep them online. Though the IP is getting discord banned several times a week.

Hosting yourself has some benefits, but is not always a great solution. I guess while the bot is down you could host from your pc.

I’ve experienced problems where the code works fine on Glitch and then I move to my raspberry pi and it doesn’t work and I get new errors!