How to host Discord Bot 24/7 on an IOS device! [JAILBROKEN]

This tutorial is based off this thread by @Daw588 and this thread by @Losh531!

As most of us know that Glitch permanently banned all pinging services and everything related to them. Most of us also can’t afford buying a Glitch subscription or using other services. There is a great solution that you can do on an old iPhone or iPad!

Requirements:

Installing

1. Go into Cydia and install the following if you haven’t already: Filza File Manager, Python 3, and NewTerm

2. Once installed, open NewTerm and run the command su. It should prompt you for a password which should be alpine.

3. After that’s done run apt install nodejs , then do the same for git.

4. You are now able set up your project! To get started, run the command git clone github.com/[USERNAMEHERE]/[YOUR_GITHUB_REPO_NAME]

5. After cloning your repo navigate to the project dir using cd ./[YOUR_GITHUB_REPO_NAME]/

6. Run your bot how ever you usually run you bot on your computer (node run start, node ./bot.js, etc.)

Your bot should now be up and running on your iOS device!

Troubleshooting:

iOS kills NewTerm after a certain period of time.

If iOS does in fact close NewTerm after a certain period of time. Then install Watchdog Lite from Cydia (DOES NOT WORK FOR IOS 13. I heard chronos by spark_dev works but I haven’t tested and can’t test it)
After it’s installed go to Settings>Watchdog Lite>NewTerm>Enable Backgrounding.
Voila! It’s now in the background indefinitely.

NewTerm is telling me “Module not found” or throwing some errors

If you have the node_modules apart of your project dir, delete it. Then do npm install node.js and do that for each module that is used in your project.

=============================================================================

If y’all have any questions or problems feel free to ask!

5 Likes

It’s also worth noting that glitch projects are also git repos, and with the right credentials you can clone and sync your project with glitch.

5 Likes

I might use this on my older iPad. It is 1st gen and may work. I got to look up the specs, but it should at least have 1 gb of ram which should be enough.

I think you should mention in all caps to NOT attempt to jailbreak something that you use a lot.

3 Likes

and what? #tenchars

I faintly remember not being able to commit to Glitch…

Edit - Found it. This was one of my first posts on the forums.

Thats my bad, I forgot to take the “, and” out :sweat_smile:
I’ll edit that now.

1 Like

there’s a secret access token you need to obtain I believe a user had trouble obtaining it via glitch’s api

1 Like

use FalixNodes / EaslyHost