How to host your Discord bot 24/7 on an Android Device

You mean npm?

No, to install npm on linux/unix, you need Node Version Manager (NVM)

I’ve never had an issue with this (even on a Raspberry Pi). npm is automatically installed when you install node

2 Likes

Actually you don’t. NVM is a helper to managing versions but isn’t needed at all for npm which is installed alongside node

1 Like

But I’m pretty sure you need nvm to get node.

The thing is… you don’t

It’s recommended not needed

using either a Node version manager or a Node installer. We strongly recommend using a Node version manager to install Node.js and npm. We do not recommend using a Node installer, since the Node installation process installs npm […]

2 Likes

NVM is a community made helper to handling versions, but you don’t need it.

1 Like

Oh, interesting.

By installer, it means using:
curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_12.x | sudo -E bash -
and
sudo apt install nodejs
Which is my preferred way of installing node and npm. I have never used nvm and the problems outlined in the npm docs, I have never faced

2 Likes

if raspberry pi runs chromium then I assume you have installed chromium os onto your raspberry pi with something like flint os. In that case just enable linux and look for a general chromeos discord hosting guide

Ummm how to I install sequlize and sqlite3

@ApartSquare3916

npm i sequelize sqlite3 --save

Someone tell me how to install sqlite3 it sends Errors PLEASE

Please don’t be rude. No one wants to help you when you are rude.

2 Likes

Try npm rebuild sqlite3, yeah installing packages with native dependcies is always annoying when it doesn’t work or when it takes very long(cough cough sodium).

:point_up:

1 Like

I am using https://repl.it/ to host my bot cuse i am not able to download sqlite3 or enmap or sequelize

Please be aware that some packages may not install because they require some dependencies. For example if you try to install brain.js it will error with python not found or something like that, that means you will need to install python, you can install it by doing npm install --global node-gyp. However for Windows users you will need to do npm install --global --production windows-build-tools before that other command, also keep in mind that you will need to execute that command through PowerShell with administrator privileges.

2 Likes

Just like on Mac, if you want to start your build process you have to download Xcode Developer Tools thru the command line before npm or brew or whatever will work.
Edit: now you need an Apple ID and log into Apple Developer to download Xcode Dev Tools. xcode-select now throws errors.