How to make a glitch project to run constantly?

Hi all,

I’m using Glitch to host my discord bot, that needs to be online 24/7.

I’ve seen many tutorials on getting glitch to run 24/7, but none seem to work.

Do you have any ideas on how I could do this?

Hey @ClinkMakesGames! There are quite a few ways to get your Discord bot running 24/7 with no issues. The best way that I know of is to use UptimeRobot to ping your bot.

After registering an account on UptimeRobot it should redirect you to your dashboard (if it doesn’t, then go to the home page and click Login or click here). Once in your dashboard, click + Add New Monitor. Under Monitor Information there will be a dropdown with the following options:

Select HTTP(s), and when you do so 2 text boxes and a slidable bar should appear. In Friendly Name* give the monitor whatever name you please. In URL (or IP)* type in your Glitch project’s name follow by .glitch.me;

Leave the Monitoring Interval* bar at 5 minutes; the exact amount of time your bot will stay awake on its own before sleeping.

In Select “Alert Contacts To Notify” just check the first email that pops up (there should be only one unless you’ve added more). Then click Create Monitor, and that’s it! Give the website a few minutes and make sure you’ve exited out of your bot’s Glitch page (to ensure that UptimeRobot is keeping it awake and not you since your bot stays on when you’re viewing the page).

If you have any other issues I’m free to talk, but I really hope this works well for you as it has for me and many others! :slight_smile:

Ever tried this guide ?

https://thelearneer.gitbooks.io/discord-js-glitch-hosting/

This works! Thank you!