How to make a glitch project to run constantly?

This method seems not working anymore.

Hi @YzY229, welcome to the Glitch Forums!

If you mean that using UptimeRobot’s not working to keep your project awake then can you give us some more details? Project name, UptimeRobot config, any errors you’re seeing in the Logs pane? As far as I knowledge lots of other folks are using UptimeRobot successfully.

imagen

Isnt working for me too, I did all exactly steps showed here.

Assuming I’ve got the right project for your case @Zoilken, the problem is probably that your app’s not serving anything at its homepage url. I’m not a Flask expert, so I’m not quite sure what’s wrong in there, but even just returning “Hello World!” from your root() method would mean there’d be a page there - without a page of some sort there UptimeRobot has nothing to load to keep your project from sleeping (and that’s also why UR thinks your app is down).

@YzY229 again assuming I’ve got the right projects based on my guesswork from the screencast you sent, your problem seems like it’s the same root problem that @Zoilken is having: your projects aren’t serving a webpage at the address that you’ve configured UptimeRobot to load and so 1) UptimeRobot thinks your project is down because there’s nothing at the address you told it to watch and 2) because UptimeRobot can’t load anything where you told it to look it’s not actually keeping your project from sleeping.

You’ve still got Express in your package.json files (at least the ones I looked at) so you need to do something like what you see in this file in our Express starter project. Basically, set up the Express app, tell it to do something when someone requests the homepage of your app, and start listening to the appropriate port You could probably copy the contents of that file and paste them at the bottom of your server.js file (assuming you have a file to render at the location listed here) and everything would work fine.

1 Like

Copied everything and don’t know why only one is up in the dashboard even I have loaded up four of the bot’s page.

(I have tested it and it didn’t work. So I try to load up the four pages and see how the uptimerobot page react.)

@YzY229 can you post screenshots of your UptimeRobot configuration for the ones that appear down?

Here’s what I get for bot-silence, for instance:

If they all look like that then I’m not sure why they seem down from UptimeRobot’s standpoint - they’re all up and running on Glitch’s end as far as I can tell. Maybe export the logs and see what the error messages are, or contact UptimeRobot’s support?

I reset stats and everything seems to work now.

1 Like

Hey guys,
I followed the steaps which were mentioned at the beginning, but it does not work and I didnt’t get any alerts per email

Hi @Basti_Basti, welcome to the Glitch Forums!

Can you send screenshots of your UptimeRobot config and monitor status so we can validate that?

A link to or screenshot of the address you have UptimeRobot checking would also be helpful.

perhaps things mentioned in that post will help.

Uh, issue here… I did this, and waited for about 15 minutes. It has not even started yet? Images below.
Settings
Dashboard

Oh, disregard that previous message. They were only down for maintenance.

2 posts were split to a new topic: How do I put my discord bot files on glitch

What I find works better is to paste the actual project link (the one in your browser) and use that

So how can I keep my glitch project running when there is not using node.js (java)?

It should work for non-js projects too, as long as your project serves a web page at http://<some-project>.glitch.me/.