2 Likes

Means??? (20characters)

Ok, please read the discord.js docs.

Why was my post flagged?

Check you messages. It should tell you.

probably because of off-topic

How is that off topic

I didnā€™t flag it. I am only guessing.

@anon43649539 Iā€™m guessing someone might have that post to be a bit rudeā€¦? :man_shrugging:

Hi @Yashraj- Iā€™m not too familiar with the discord.js library, but in the discord.js docs (https://discord.js.org/#/docs/main/stable/class/ClientUser?scrollTo=setPresence) it appears you may need to pass in an object parameter and not just the string ā€˜DNDā€™ for setPresence.

If you donā€™t have the answer to the question, @anon43649539, you donā€™t have to respond. If you think the post is inappropriate, you should email support@glitch.com.

Glitch is a friendly and welcoming community, in the editor and here in the forum. We welcome users of all different backgrounds of coding, beginner through expert.

3 Likes

yes i agree with that but this user has been coming here for a couple of days asking simple things and obviously copying code from google, if the user wanted to continue learning js i would happily help but this person obviously doesnt want to do such.

2 Likes

The user wants an answer to their question, and this is something we guide users to do (https://glitch.happyfox.com/kb/article/81-how-do-i-get-help-when-i-m-stuck/). You are under to obligation to reply to questions in the forum, but we do ask that you are friendly whether you do or not.

3 Likes

We love to help, but if a user is showing no intention to learn, spoon feeding is not going to help. It might work for the next 1 hour, then theyā€™ll be back even more confused unable to do simple things.

However I do agree that @anon43649539ā€™s post could have included a link to documentation/a video to help learn JS.

1 Like

Even if this were a totally fair assessment of the OPā€™s intentions, it would be more friendly and productive all around to simply not respond, then. Everyone has different learning styles, and sometimes they hit a plateau where ā€œspoon feedingā€ actually is a helpful push for them in the right direction on their journey of creating.

1 Like

We really do appreciate how helpful everyone here in the forum is. As the community grows, weā€™re going to encounter more learning styles and coding challenges. This is exciting, but I also appreciate that itā€™s an adjustment for everyone here. <3

3 Likes