How to switch account

tags: account, login, logout
Currently I am logged in with a GitHub account - to find out - no projects.
When I logout and login in again - it does not ask me which GitHub Account to use.
Working with incognito web browser is a work around.
I think it is the role of Glitch to come with a proper solution.

1 Like

Hi! Try clearing cookies for github.com and glitch.com
Alert! This will sign you out of every account

1 Like

I cleard Glitch cookies more than once, did not solve the issue.
Found a second workaround.
Signing out of GitHub
Then sign in at Glitch.
And the login system of GitHub asks again for Username/Password.
It is still not the prefered solution.
I would expect when I sign out of Glitch, it also signs out the link between Glitch and GitHub.

1 Like

Check this article:

1 Like

signing in to glitch is based on email address. even if you sign in via github or something else, it works by github etc. reporting back what your email address is and glitch looking up your account based on that. (correct me if I’m wrong on that)

so if you only sign out of glitch and then click to sign in with github again, github will report the same old email address and you’ll get signed in to the same glitch account.

I would expect when I sign out of Glitch, it also signs out the link between Glitch and GitHub.

thus even if signing out of glitch deauthorized glitch to access your github account info, the next time you sign in and authorize it, you’d still be in the same account. you would still need to sign out of github and sign in there on a different account.

would be neat if github allowed signing in to multiple accounts, please ask microsoft to add that :pray:

I guess if you’re really not afraid of messing things up, I’m curious if you change your email address on your github account and then sign in to glitch, would that sign you in to a different glitch account? or maybe it’ll break all of your accounts or something :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Brilliant idea, YES PLEASE! :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.