I want to have an authorization prompt pop up every time, but it doesn't pop up every time :/

Can you try getting someone on this message thread?

Can’t…I don’t work for Glitch, I’m just a user on here. You have quite a bit of code there, and I can tell a lot that you have probably copied and don’t understand (and hey, neither do i).

Honestly - this is my opinion. Especially if you’re a student or early in your development work, it’s really not worth you going to this much trouble to privatizing your work. Because it won’t ultimately matter much if someone steals it. It only really matters when someone has a new idea about a product that hasn’t been done before. At that point, you want credit for the idea because it’s going to make you money.

Let’s say you post your work publicly, with a license, and someone takes it and also puts it up. Well, you still have your copy. And ultimately, there’s no way to prove that you didn’t steal it from someone else, because we can always erase our git histories and do a new “initial commit.” Employers are going to test you, cross check your references, and put you through the same thing they do everyone else. They’ll still be skeptical until you prove yourself.

So yes, ownership is important and everyone should get credit for things they do, but it’s all so hard to prove we throw licenses on our stuff and just hope for the best. I know you just got blackmailed and that feels like a blow, so you’re looking for some control now. But hopefully that makes sense, and your disappointment will pass too. Most people out there are alright and don’t steal work. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

It looks like it’s just for cross origin frames. Or am I completely wrong?

1 Like

I guess that’s true for now, but I think there is a broader motivation to deprecate them entirely. I believe Google (or at least some of the folks there) think that using a dialog is a better option. Which I agree with. But there is a lack of support now in all browsers. I think they will eventually be fully deprecated.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.