Images aren't loading on some ISPs

Hi there,

I teach an Interactive class and have the students use Glitch to host their projects.

I have had two students run into an issue where they upload images to the assets folder, link to them in their HTML, but are unable to see them display on their own machines.

What’s strange is that I can see them just fine. They load for me.

Is this an ISP issue? Is there a known work around?

Best,
Ainsley

4 Likes

What is your ISP? The only ISPs that I know that sometimes block the CDN are Comcast and some ISPs in Italy.

Hi!

Yep, sounds like the student experiencing those issues is on Comcast. Is there any workaround?

Best,
Ainsley

1 Like

Ask the student to disable advanced network protection, that should fix the issue.

(also, @jenn @tasha could you consider contacting Comcast and getting the CDN off this blacklist?)

1 Like

Why was it to begin with?

It’d be awesome if you guys could get the CDN’s working with Comcast. I’m in Philly and pretty much everyone here has Comcast; they have quite the monopoly on our city.

1 Like

comcast blacklist removal request: Postmaster : Blocklist Removal Request

1 Like

Hi there - we have reached out to Comcast in the past about this and they use another service’s list for blocking (this is why the form @user1 linked to is ineffective). I will reach out again to see what service they are using and if it’s changed and try to get the domain unblocked!

6 Likes

Will do, thank you!

Do you know if this is the same issue for Cox Cable? I am in Las Vegas and am having the same issue on Cox.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.