Increase disk space

194MB is too small storage for a database-based application, 250-500MB would be fair enough for a free project

Hi @razefeixx, welcome to the Glitch forums and thanks for the suggestion! We do plan on offering paid project enhancements at some point in the future, as you may know, but have no specific timeline for that offering.

This is somewhat simplified, but to give you an idea on the scale of the difference between what we currently offer and 500Mb per project, there have been nearly 1.5 million projects created. At an additional 300Mb per project that would be an additional 450 Terabytes storage for free projects, which is simply unsustainable especially at the rate of growth that we anticipate.

We plan on being around for a long time to come, but to accomplish that we have to shepherd our resources appropriately, and 500Mb per free project would not be responsible in that light.

All of which said, we definitely want to help foster a wide variety of use cases, so if you can let us know a little more about specifically what you’re trying to do that requires that much project space we can try to factor that into our planning and may even be able to offer some strategies to help you achieve your goals now.

1 Like

Can you increase Glitch App’s Disk Size?

As we’ve noted before (here, for instance), we expect to offer paid plans that may include increased disk space. We’ll be sure to announce it here when those are ready.

And in fact, since this is pretty much the same request, I’ve moved it over there.

I would love to see an option to increase the disk space.

I’ve a project on Glitch with more than 200 users, I use Gravatar to manage the avatars, but I want to manage the avatars in my projects with formidable.

Why not boosted apps?

1 Like

The app is already boosted, but there is “only” 500mb
If each member upload a 2mb picture
2 * 200 = 400mb !

I need way more than just 500mb. I could probably use AWS S3 but I’m too lazy. Meh.

1 Like

If it’s free, you get what do give you and you shouldn’t really complain about it.

But why wouldn’t you just set a limit to 250kb?

I never said I wanted it to be a free option.

I’m talking about the free version of glitch

You bring up a good point. I cant see why more tiers wouldnt be added.

You could mail them about the Enterprise plan.

That argument may have fared a while back when there was no free plan, but @Icesofty is inferring that more tiers should be added.

Oh, I agree with that, tiers would be nice :slight_smile:

transparent.png is under a megabyte of storage

We could do $19 or a bit less for exactly one boosted project, it’ll look nice if you don’t want a whole digital ocean machine

1 Like