Initializing JS/TS Language features takes a long time to load

Hi there…
I’ve been trying to figure out why the language features are taking so long to load, and also increases the memory usage quite high.

So far I have created a local version of my project open a javascript file and the Initializing JS/TS language features spins up and takes around 5-10 seconds to complete. If I then open the similar remote project with glitch vscode extension which loads the project fine, when I open a javascript file the language features takes around 10-15 minutes to complete and takes up more memory. It didn’t seem to matter which project I used I still get the same problem.

I have looked into trying to change the default formatter which I’m not well versed in setting up formatters and was quite happy with the vscode built in formatter, I was hoping there would be a simpler solution.

Would really like to keep using the extension as I really like the work flow and does work great but because my computers a bit slow anyway this seems to cause it to slow down much more with a lot of disk activity that just doesn’t happen if I work on a local repository.

Much appreciate any suggestions

Hey @tripy37 I’m sorry you’re running into problems here. Are you seeing this problem on all your projects, or just on some of them? Can you provide a project name that you have this experience on?

I can’t reproduce this issue on any projects I have handy, so I’d like to eliminate and variables that are preventing me from reproducing the issue. Also, what OS and VS Code version are you on?

Hi Cori…
Thanks for the quick reply the main workspace I’m having problems with is https://glitch.com/~dev-aljam-web I thought that the problem was in all my projects but I think it is possibly just the ones with the same base scaffolding using polymer. I tried loading just a default glitch project and that seemed to work ok with the formatter issue but still had a lot of disk activity and then gave me a notice that the glitch extension was taking a long time to load and the memory usage is still quite big compared to opening it in a local repo

My OS is Arch linux and the info from vscode about…
Version: 1.38.1
Commit: b37e54c98e1a74ba89e03073e5a3761284e3ffb0
Date: 2019-09-16T10:22:16.623Z
Electron: 4.2.11
Chrome: 69.0.3497.128
Node.js: 10.11.0
V8: 6.9.427.31-electron.0
OS: Linux x64 5.0.10-arch1-1-ARCH