Is nightmare allowed

Is nightmare allowed in Glitch? I’ve searched that keyword in this forum, but can’t tell. I see some references to a package called puppeteer, which is new to me, but clearly has a lot in common. If a package is not allowed, is there a blacklist or another way to find out?

It’s against the glitch TOS I believe because it’s like a “crawler”.

Actually as far as I can tell there’s no reason that it wouldn’t be allowed. The terms of service don’t allow crawlers when they’re used to scrape data from Glitch itself, but I don’t see anything else related.

Good point, I was gonna explain the same about mining the other day.

Hi, so we do allow browser automation packages like nightmare and puppeteer! But it’s what you do with that that determines whether we allow the app to run or not. You can read our Terms of Service here: https://glitch.com/legal/ specifically under “Limitations on Automated Use.” Also note that if you use Glitch apps to break other services’ TOS and it’s reported to us, we may have to take action there as well.

3 Likes

Thanks, jenn and others! I’m new to Glitch and my first script’s not working, even though it works on my localhost

I don’t think it violates the TOS. Guess I need to review the docs to get it going, instead of wondering if nightmare is banned. Thanks again.