Javascript Error in the Glitch Editor [See for Details]

Hello! So, when I logged on Glitch and tried to open a project to start coding, unfortunately, the editor wouldn’t show anything for some minutes, but when I thought of checking the page’s code, it was saying that javascript wasn’t enabled, even though I’ve already turned it on on Chrome. don’t excpect a good browser. Version 49.0.2623.112. Also, somehow, chrome decided to load the support page today!

Thanks in advance,
TehPig_YT

Wasn’t it loading for you earlier?

And what device are you using?

1 Like

It seems you’re running an extremely out of date Chrome. The lad test version (at the time of writing this post) is 79.0.3945.130. You can follow this tutorial by Google on how to update Chrome to the latest version.

Firstly, I was using a laptop having Windows Vista installed on it and yes, the support page wasn’t loading the previous days. You can chek this topic to understand more.

Thanks in advance,
TehPig_YT

I cannot update Chrome because of the Windows Version.
So, that’s what I got. :expressionless:

Thanks in advance,
TehPig_YT

Also, sorry for the late response, I just moved on another computer.
And I couldn’t type because it still wouldn’t show the topics, I didn’t respond.
Finally, @support_staff, if you could help me it would be really useful.

Thanks in advance,
TehPig_YT

What version of Windows are you running.

As I said previously.

I was using a laptop having Windows Vista installed on it.

It’s extremely unlikely that Glitch will support Windows Vista, it’s full of security flaws and getting malware on it is quite easy. Does the editor work found if using a PC with Windows 10 (or similar) on it?

The editor does work on Windows 7 and above, and previously, it was working with Windows Vista, too. That’s why I created this topic.

Have you tried any of the following?

• Reinstalling the browser
  • Clearing all browser data
  • Trying on a different browser
1 Like

I’ve tried these already.

Can you show me a screenshot of the error just so I can get a better understanding.

1 Like

I sadly, cannot but I can assure you that the glitch editor was working a few days ago and yesterday it decided to give me a white screen. After that, I decided to check the page’s code and that resulted in me seeing the “Javascript is not enabled” text, even though I have it enabled and with clearing brower data, too.

Thanks in advance,
TehPig_YT

Still, the editor doesn’t work properly as it was working :expressionless:

I doubt Glitch will do much to support Windows Vista - it’s an obsolete platform and most apps don’t support it anyway. Also Windows 7, it’s successor has had its support discontinued.

I don’t think so! I’m on a Windows 7 machine right now, and it works totally fine.

1 Like