Javascript Error

This is the first time I have received this message:
The web browser you’re using is missing some important Javascript features
It has not gone away and I have tried 3 bowers please help.

Hello @oHate, welcome to the Glitch Forums!

That message might occur if you’re on a browser that’s blocking JavaScript (Glitch won’t work properly without JavaScript) or a very old browser that’s missing some crucial piece of modern JavaScript that we rely on. It’s also possible that an extension is blocking some scripts that Glitch needs to run. We only officially support the latest major version of the most common browsers, although if there’s a problem in an older version that we can fix easily we might try to include the fix.

Can you let us know what browser and version and which operating system (Windows, Mac, Linux) you’re using and what specific url you’re having problems on? Also if you can try in an incognito window or with all your tensions turned off that might help narrow things down.

Sorry for the bother!

I am currently using Google Chrome Version:
Google Chrome is up to date
Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Edit: Im on windows 10 / it does not work in incognito / I am trying to connect to https://www.glitch.com/

@cori Would this problem be caused if Javascript for my browser was disabled? If so how do I enable / fix it.

Yes, disabling JavaScript would absolutely cause this problem. In Chrome this article might help you enable it. Other browsers probably have similar articles in their help sites.

@cori It is currently enabled, is there anything else that might be causing it? It is happening on all of my browsers now.

What do you see when you try to browse to https://glitch.com (without the www)?

The web browser you’re using is missing some important Javascript features

To use Glitch, please try applying your latest system updates, or try us with a different web browser.

Can you try from a different network, by any chance? What environment is the machine you’re trying to access Glitch from in (is it in your house or at a library or a coffee shop? Is it on a cabled network or connected via WiFi?).

If you have JavaScript enabled and you don’t have any extensions running I can’t think off the top of my head what else could be blocking it for you. Essentially from everything I can tell something in your environment, whether it’s your Windows device, your browser, or your network, is interfering with your ability to access Glitch, and there’s not much that we can do from our end.

Ill try and change up my wifi and see if that works thanks

Hey @cori,

I have just got this on the glitch site aswell.

It occurred as I was trying to load the site and it was taking awhile so I disconnected my wifi and reconnected and it showed me that.

Hey @Callum-OKane based on the order of events you list, my guess is that when you disconnected and reconnected your session was interrupted and you didn’t get the JS bundle for the site which, at a high level, is what causes this message. Are you still having trouble?

1 Like

I think you might be right, as it is working fine now!

+1 to this – I also had this error previously, both for the site and for one of my own projects, and it just resolved itself over time (within a few hours.)