Length of Heardle audio

Hey, you guys! So I’m making a Heardle for one of my favourite bands and I was wondering, when I preview the website, the audio is only 9 seconds long for guessing the song. Someone else’s Heardle has a 16-second audio length instead of 9 seconds. Is there a way I can change my preview audio from 9 to 16 seconds? Thanks!

Could you share some of your source code with us, preferabely the part the plays the audio (might include .play()), either your audio files themselves are 9 seconds long or you have code stopping the audio when it has progressed 9 seconds.

First, thank you for your reply! I’m using a SoundCloud link and not an audio file itself. Basically, let me try to explain this to you. I found the code that controls the intervals at which the song plays. So, in a Heardle, you must guess a song in as few tries as possible. You get 6 attempts at guessing. It’s supposed to play the first bit till the end of 1 second, the second bit till the end of 2 seconds, the third bit till the end of 4 seconds, the fourth bit till the end of 7 seconds, the fifth bit till the end of 11 seconds, and the sixth bit till the end of 16 seconds. My webpage, though, plays only 9 seconds in total, instead of 16 seconds. I’m sorry if I’m not making any sense. I’m really new to coding and stuff :confused:

Looks like the author of the joywave heardle (which I’m assuming you’re using if not please send a project link to yours) made their code not so easy to read for most of the source code could you perhaps mention the relevant lines you found?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.