Load a project on desktop not working

Hi

I exported this project https://economic-pharaoh.glitch.me/ (original: https://glitch.com/~doodle-place) and opened it on desktop but it is not working. Can somebody help me what to do? Thank you!

Hey @jim-booo, welcome to the Glitch forum!

When I access that project everything appears to be working, although it takes a few moments. What sorts of problems are you seeing?

Thank you for the answer. I found Glitch trough Codrops for a few days ago. I show this Doodle creation for my kids and they love it. I exported the code and tried to start it on a local computer but there it stops working, I get a message about loading vision which is never loading. Probably it can be some database problem? Sorry for my all questions, I am completely new here. What I will is to start it on local machine without internet so the kids can have fun with it, express and drawing. It is an amazing tool for learning too. We all love it. I don´t only no how to get it to work and of course it is necessary, I will happily buy a license.

Im not sure if this would work, but my guess is that your viewing it wrong. Ensure you have node.js and you install all the packages, then run the code and try going to http://localhost:3000/ in your web browser of choice

Thank you for your time to answer. I tried everything but not get it to work. I installed node.js and installes the package with “npm i” but I get errors. I also researched about “npmp” but not get it to work. When I open the public map and index.html, I get some broken menus and a white page.

hi! can you copy and paste the errors you’re getting when you run npm i, i’ll try to install your app locally on my machine and see if i see something similar. also, if you can let me know what operating system you’re running, that usually impacts local development greatly!

hey following up - so i remixed your app and downloaded it locally my machine (mac osx). i made sure i was running node 8, ran npm install and then npm run start and got an issue pertaining to the canvas package not being set up properly (probably because it has native components to it that need compiling)

i’m going to figure out the root of how glitch does this behind the scenes – but when this happens locally i typically delete the node_modules folder, run npm install node-gyp and then run npm install again. after i did that and restarted the app, i had it running! node-gyp is a native add-on build tool that often comes in handy for me!

Big thank you to for taking time. here is what I get (terminal list bellow) What I did, I installed node 8, then 12, reinstalled it again, installed the app over and over again, researched but still no result. I tried also with install node-gyp but nothing. I get the same result in terminal.

fsevents@1.2.9 install /Users/rodin/Downloads/app 5/node_modules/fsevents

node install
node-pre-gyp WARN Using request for node-pre-gyp https download
[fsevents] Success: “/Users/rodin/Downloads/app 5/node_modules/fsevents/lib/binding/Release/node-v64-darwin-x64/fse.node” is installed via remote
@tensorflow/tfjs-node@1.2.5 install /Users/rodin/Downloads/app 5/node_modules/@tensorflow/tfjs-node
node scripts/install.js
CPU-darwin-1.2.5.tar.gz

• Downloading libtensorflow

[==============================] 1970597/bps 100% 0.0s

• Building TensorFlow Node.js bindings

canvas@2.6.0 install /Users/rodin/Downloads/app 5/node_modules/canvas
node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build
node-pre-gyp WARN Using request for node-pre-gyp https download
[canvas] Success: “/Users/rodin/Downloads/app 5/node_modules/canvas/build/Release/canvas.node” is installed via remote
opencv-build@0.1.4 install /Users/rodin/Downloads/app 5/node_modules/opencv-build
node ./install.js
info install if you want to use an own OpenCV installation set OPENCV4NODEJS_DISABLE_AUTOBUILD
info readAutoBuildFile file does not exists: /Users/rodin/Downloads/app 5/node_modules/opencv-build/opencv/auto-build.json /Users/rodin/Downloads/app 5/node_modules/opencv-build/opencv/auto-build.json
info install failed to find auto-build.json: /Users/rodin/Downloads/app 5/node_modules/opencv-build/opencv/auto-build.json
info install
info install running install script…
info install
info install opencv version: 3.4.6
info install with opencv contrib: yes
info install custom build flags:
info install
info install executing: git --version
info install git --version: git version 2.17.2 (Apple Git-113)
info install
info install executing: cmake --version
ERR! Error: failed to execute cmake --version, cmake is required to build opencv, error is: Error: Command failed: cmake --version
/bin/sh: cmake: command not found
npm WARN @pnpm/lifecycle@6.2.1 requires a peer of @pnpm/logger@^1.0.0 || ^2.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @pnpm/server@3.0.5 requires a peer of @pnpm/logger@^2.1.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @pnpm/npm-resolver@3.0.16 requires a peer of @pnpm/logger@^1.0.0 || ^2.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm WARN @pnpm/core-loggers@3.0.3 requires a peer of @pnpm/logger@^2.1.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! opencv-build@0.1.4 install: node ./install.js
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the opencv-build@0.1.4 install script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /Users/rodin/.npm/_logs/2019-08-02T05_34_18_430Z-debug.log
rodins-iMac:app 5 rodin$

p.s. I am on mac too :slight_smile: