Maintaining Git committer data instead of Glitch's usual way

Why when I import (or sync) my Glitch project with GitLab, I am only seen Glitch (<project-slug-here>) as Git username and the email was blank instead of what am I seeing on Rewind screen. Is it possible to recover Git commiter’s name and email without messing up with the commands?

1 Like

Hi @AJHaliliDev2006PH

Since it’s possible for multiple people, including some who have usernames and some who are anonymous to have edited a Glitch project Glitch commits as the Glitch user.

Even though that’s the way it works right now (and for the foreseeable future) feel free to add to this discussion. User feedback is important to us!

2 Likes

:wave: @AJHaliliDev2006PH @tasha
Thus, is there any way to access the “rewind :rewind:” data from the API to check who did which commit ?

2 Likes

Glitch API has never been officially documented and I have never heard of a rewind feature in the API.

Sorry, I was talking about the “rewind” feature in the editor, and how to get this data from the API, but nevermind we found how to solve our problem :wink:

I think the issue is on the Git configuration itself, so do we can suggest to have multiple identities in Git?