[mega-thread] Glitchchord- mongoDB discord clone

Project URL: http://glitchchord-app.glitch.me/

due to a recent suspension, we have created a new project- you’ll need to re-issue all server invites

welcome to glitchchord, a socket.io and mongoDB powered discord clone!

glitchchord development will continue

all elements are powered by MiniChord- logos are yet to be fixed

3 Likes

Join our starter server!

https://glitchchord.glitch.me/channel/join/5e7201dba468d20099e05bb5

MongoError: E11000 duplicate key error collection: test.users index: username_1 dup key: { username: null }
at Function.create (/rbd/pnpm-volume/f4d4184e-a21b-40de-a0bf-e3d9b5cee16c/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/mongodb/3.5.5/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/error.js:43:12)
at toError (/rbd/pnpm-volume/f4d4184e-a21b-40de-a0bf-e3d9b5cee16c/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/mongodb/3.5.5/node_modules/mongodb/lib/utils.js:149:22)
at coll.s.topology.insert (/rbd/pnpm-volume/f4d4184e-a21b-40de-a0bf-e3d9b5cee16c/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/mongodb/3.5.5/node_modules/mongodb/lib/operations/common_functions.js:265:39)
at handler (/rbd/pnpm-volume/f4d4184e-a21b-40de-a0bf-e3d9b5cee16c/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/mongodb/3.5.5/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/topologies/replset.js:1204:22)
at /rbd/pnpm-volume/f4d4184e-a21b-40de-a0bf-e3d9b5cee16c/node_modules/.registry.npmjs.org/mongodb/3.5.5/node_modules/mongodb/lib/core/connection/pool.js:404:18
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:61:11)

yes we occasionally get that error when somebody HAS NOT SET A USERNAME, I must ask that all users set a username in the menu

Okay, site is back and running

Yeah it seems as though that has happended again. Can you fix it?

it might be because of the site sleeping after requests stop, and mongoDB has no time to connect.

i’ll try a service like uptimebot or something like that

actually, i think it means there is a username that has no username.

if that makes sense

update!!

• username error gone
  • video chat!
1 Like

Still getting the dupe key error

okay, we’ll try and fix that.

Just make sure @anon43649539 that you set a username!

There doesn’t seem to be an option to create a username

not yet, you need to make an account and sign in. From there you scroll down on your profile to the ‘username’ box

MongoError: E11000 duplicate key error collection: test.users index: username_1 dup key: { username: null }

hang on, let me release a DB fix

@anon43649539 try it now

yeah it worked this time

okay, sorry about that.

when people don’t set usernames, it collides with other names and causes issues.

Feel free to open an issue by reporting in one of your servers

I found a security issue.

1 Like

Added, you may remove you username now

2 Likes