[MEGATHREAD] GlitchyPastePen - Create simple front-end projects using an online code editor with instant hosting

I will. Thanks so much. I will also get a new homepage redesign.

Hello, just a note that collaberative editing is a beta feature and is being replaced where possible

1 Like

OK. Thanks. I remixed it - kidzeditor2.glitch.me but how do I connect it to my database?

1 Like

I would recommend that you do a bit of research into databases. It will likely be very helpful for future development @thebigc.

1 Like

Yeah, good idea

I never used databases before… I never needed them…

well then start learning

1 Like

Use a database adapter to initiate databases quickly. I would recommend Endb.

3 Likes

If you want security an easy to use UI, try MongoDB atlas- its free for 512mb

4 Likes

SQLite and MySQL are fine databases.

I will think about it

I think mongoDB is nice

1 Like

And @anon69241012 , ALWAYS put your db details in.env

2 Likes

You don’t want that to get stolen… same with API keys.

Does anyone know any good collaberative editing packages?

1 Like

MongoDB is much better for people who have never used databases before. I started with MySQL/mysqli on PHP and then tried MongoDB on Javascript with Mongoose and it is much easier than doing all those silly queries and things. Totally recommend

3 Likes

I’ve now made GitHub oAuth as the primary login method to prevent account abuse and spam, as well as some UI fixes, especially for the editor, including a new status bar at the bottom. As a result of this, the login form no longer exists (no need for it, because we have GitHub login) and those who remix this app again will have to create an oAuth Application in their GitHub account and paste the client ID and client secret in the env. I’ll be updating the README soon for better remix instructions.

3 Likes

How the editor now looks:

Press Ctrl + , and you can customize the editor according to your needs.

And @RiversideRocks, there’s syntax highlighting for almost any language, including C++ and C:

3 Likes

This is starting to look like something!! I’d still advise against that huge header, you should look into getting it to a sidebar! :slight_smile: Good work @khalby786

3 Likes

Next up, WebSockets for auto-save instead of clicking a “Save” button.

3 Likes