More Benefits from Helping

Voted Good idea

How about the amount of solutions? Or both?

1 Like

Maybe get N thanks/solutions/etc to be able to access the discord api. If you spam it you lose your glitch account and have to start over so we get some help anyway

Getting data like that is pretty easy:

I really want an API token. I want to reply to new topics that contain the words ā€˜customā€™, ā€˜domainā€™, ā€˜domainsā€™, ā€˜removeā€™, ā€˜removalā€™ telling them to email support and maybe send the topics automatically to the support email. I think I could do it, but I need an API key to make posts and stuff and Iā€™m not an admin. @glitch_support???

1 Like

I think that is doable without an api token.

I doubt it. Discourse probably has security in place so the forum is not scraped by public APIs.

Sending topics to the email, maybe, but sending posts on the forum needs one and to make one you need to be an admin :frowning:

You can just use your user-token, unless that is protected by recaptcha. If it is then puppeteer can be used. :thinking:

E.g. I can get a JSON file with the most recent topics and posts, but I canā€™t send a post, which is what I really want to do

I checked via the docs and I need an api token. Docs are little confusing, but thatā€™s what I understood it as

1 Like

Canā€™t you use your user-token as an authentication though?

Btw, we are going off-topic, would anyone bother creating a discussion thread on this?

EDIT: Challenge accepted.

3 Likes

Maybe meta.discourse.org would be the spot to go.

Was gonna send the authentication section here, but the website is really slow :joy:
Hereā€™s the link: docs.discourse.org

Am aware of their docs :wink:

Pretty neat, this is really useful!

The gist of it is that some things donā€™t need authentication but most do and you need an api key and be an admin and send that as a parameter in the GET/POST request. I canā€™t even get the JSON file with all users without an api key. Was hoping to make a site with our most frequent community members

1 Like

I suppose you could always contact an admin. However, you donā€™t need an API key to get info on specific accounts. I do this on my website.

1 Like

@ihack2712 @EddiesTech @RiversideRocks

Your getting a little of topic, how about creating a new thread?

1 Like