Moving project to Zeit

Hi, my project keeps getting “This project has received too many requests, please try again later.” so I think I need to move my project to a new host? Does anyone have a suggestion on the best place to move a nodejs app?

I found heroku really easy to work with – if you don’t mind the UI, you can also work directly with AWS and get even more control. Is there anything specific you’re looking for in a host?

2 Likes

I agree with @househaunt, Heroku is a good choice. However if your looking for your site to be online 24/7 then your going to need to look at paid plans. AWS is probably one of the best choices but maybe give self hosing a try? It doesn’t have to cost that much. For example: I run one of my websites myself on a Raspberry Pi 3 (Soon to be getting RPi4 4GB RAM) with a 32GB Micro-SD card and (soon) a 1TB HDD for the database. The site works very well and CPU load keeps low. Keep in mind that not all hosts give you unlimited bandwidth! :o

I hope you find this information helpful

2 Likes

Humm I have a extra RasPi will give that a try. Do you have a specific stack that you found to work well with the RasPi?

1 Like

Not really. I use the Latest Raspbian Buster (no desktop) and I’ve installed Node.js and then I just run my code via SSH and tmux. However I do run a Samba share on the RPi so I can access my code.

1 Like

If doing your own hosting, you might like to use a Dynamic DNS, for example Duck DNS

1 Like

Oo I’m also interested in this! I was worried about downtime from inconsistencies with my own network connection, but I’m betting it’s not as big of a concern as I imagine. I’m going to be taking a crack at this myself (probably this weekend) and will follow up with details if you’re interested!