Music Visualizer

Project URL: Music Visualizer version 1.17.4 (music-visualizer.glitch.me)

Welcome to my Music Visualizer! This is a project I’ve been working intermittently on during quarantine! All you need to do is select an audio file and watch as it gets turned into visual cues!

Hope you enjoy!

11 Likes

Wow, this is quite neat, I think I’ll bookmark this.

3 Likes

Let me say this,

Awesome Project!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m planning on adding some options to it eventually so you have more freedom as currently, the colors are pretty much hardcoded in. Although they do look cool the way they are right now lol

2 Likes

Feel free to leave some suggestions if you want!

1 Like

Just seeing this post now. Nice project! I just have a few ideas for small enhancements:

1. It’d be helpful if there was a refresh/reset button. When the song ends, you have to manually reload to see ‘no audio is playing…’.
  2. I think it would look a bit better if the bars came up higher on the screen. (I’ve only looked at it on Chrome / Mac OS so far; it may vary by browser?)

Just my 2 cents. Either way, from a technical and artistic standpoint this is really well done. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks!

I’m pretty sure you can just select another file without reloading just by clicking the “Select a file” button. If you mean a button to restart the song/loop it, the beta version has that!

As for the bars not going very high, idk how to fix that. I’ve changed just about everything but to no avail. If anyone knows how to make them go higher I would really appreciate it.

No Problem! If you have any more questions feel free to just reply, mention me (@Demonitized ), or Join my Discord server! :grinning:

it’s awesome.

1 Like

MAJOR UPDATE

Version 1.19.1 now out of Beta!

Changes include:

• More visualizer bars
  • Raised height on the bars (Suggested by @christina )
  • A few UI controls (Suggested by @christina )

Known Bugs:

• The bars minimum height is visible (this is because of the raised height for the bars, working on a fix.
  • Dragging and dropping files will brick the page.
  • Opening the File Picker and then closing it without selecting a file will brick the page.

Hope y’all enjoy the new update!

5 Likes

BETA UPDATE

Version 1.20.0 is now in Public Beta!

Changes include:

• Moved the visualizer to the center, which sort of fixed the issue of the minimum height being shown
  • Changed the render to show the full range of Frequencies on Right and Left channels
  • Ok the last one was a lie, I just duplicated the top to the bottom. It does look cooler though :sunglasses:
  • Realize I was editing the Production build and not the Beta build, making me revert the changes, and rewrite them on the Beta

Known Bugs:

• Dragging and dropping files will brick the page.
  • Opening the File Picker and then closing it without selecting a file will brick the page.

If you find anymore bugs, or want to leave feedback, please reply to this comment.

Enjoy the new update! <3

https://music-visualizer.glitch.me/beta

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.