My project keeps getting 429 errors

Hello. For some reason my project awake keeps causing 429: Too Many Requests errors. This means I’m unable to view my projects site due to the 429 issue. Could @glitch_support take a look into who keeps ‘DDoSing’ my project.

Please note that my project https://awake.glitch.me no longer shows 429 errors and is now fully operational.

In the meantime, you could remix your project and use a different domain.

1 Like

No, I don’t think that would work, because awake.glitch.me has persistence or SQLite.

1 Like

Hi @charliea21,

I’m sorry that your project hit the limit. To maintain the health of the Glitch platform, we do need to keep those restrictions in place.

Since you can still access the editor, we suggest that you update the app to limit the number of users that can access it to minimize those requests.

Our team knows that “always on” is a feature our users would like to have. It is something that we are planning on offering in the future.

1 Like

The issue is the project is stuck on 429 errors 24/7 and has never come back from 429 since you reverted the project to a backup. I am unsure as to the reason of this. @tasha

is uptimerobot pinging it too much?

1 Like

No, I’ve had to disable the uptime robot monitor as it keeps sending me ‘WEBSITE DOWN’ emails for the project. However, the project is stuck with the 429 issue.

1 Like

try logging the requests it gets in the console. maybe something else is pinging it?

1 Like

You can’t log any requests due to the 429 problem so requests haven’t touched the actual express.js server in days.

@charliea21, does that mean projects which are pinged every minute by awake will be down? :frowning:

1 Like

No, the project still runs as all my dependent discord bots are still online

Also, https://awake.glitch.me is back online now!

1 Like

Nice! What did you do to make it working?

1 Like

I didn’t do anything… it just randomly started working…

1 Like

:smile: :grinning: :joy: :joy: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like