Need help figureing out if my project is bugged or if it's `tsc` that has the bug

I’m trying to convert a project from JavaScript to TypeScript so it’s easier to extend in the future. The issue is that tsc (the compiler) is crashing mid-compile, I’m not sure if it’s a bug with my code or if it’s a issue with tsc itself. The Log is in the project here.

If anyone can help me out it would be great, because I have no clue why it would be crashing.

I found that OfflineMenu is not defined in your Loading.ts and, given that Loading.js is in the output folder but Loading.d.ts isn’t, I guess tsc probably crashed because of the bug. (Though honestly tsc should give an informative error message instead of crashing itself…)

2 Likes

Commonly, that occurs due to reference error (variable not defined).

Thank you so much @Bubbler, my linter in atom did not pick that up so I was bashing my head against a wall for over a hour trying to figure out why it was not working… You are correct that a error message (or even just a verbose output might have helped tell me what file I needed to look at.

And now I’m thankful I didn’t submit a bug report…